Roofs are an integral part of a house and require regular maintenance in order to maintain it in good condition and protect it from damage. Concrete tiles, metal roofs, and terracotta all experience degradation and ageing.
Roof coatings, also known as roof paints, provide protection for all types of roofs. The right roof paint can prolong the life of your roof, increase its value and preserve the roof’s aesthetic appeal.
This guide will help you choose the right roofing paint for you.
Which Roofing Paint Is Best for You?
You should ask these questions before you decide on the right roof paint for your home.
Which Roof Type Do You Want To Paint?
- Concrete tiles or terracotta tiles; metal roofs require special roof coatings.
- You may need to seal and clean the roof before you begin painting.
- Primer is a primer that seals and protects metal roofs from rust. Make sure to fill and seal any cracks in concrete tile roofs.
These steps will ensure that your roof restoration is successful.
What’s the purpose of roof painting?
Are you looking to prevent mould and algae growth, protect against rust formation, premature colour fading and dirt retention? Is it to improve the heat reflection of your roof, so you can cool down in hot summers?
Modern roof paint has been designed to achieve exceptional results in every application. It is important to have a clear understanding about your intended purpose before you can achieve the best results.
- Concrete tiles and Terracotta
- Asbestos roof coating
- Different types of metal roofs
- Leakage of concrete tiles
- Resistance to mould and grime
- Drinking water collection
- Anti-corrosion performance
- Thermal performance improved
This guide will help to choose the right paint for your purpose. We will be happy to provide you with the best advice. We offer a complete roof coating solution.
Why Roof Painting is Required?
Roof painting in Auckland is an economical option that can improve the look and lifespan of your roof. Shieldcoat’s Roofbond roof painting offers a comprehensive coating system for premium roof coatings that can be used on all types of roofs.
- Get rid of mould and lichen.
- Increase thermal efficiency
- You can choose from a variety of colors
- Add lastingness.
- Increase the property’s value
Shieldcoat’s Roofbond has a variety of roof paint options, with more than 61+ colors, including the Color bond(r), and a wide range of neutrals, reds and whites. Roof paint is the perfect choice for recladding walls or creating a new colour scheme.
How Long Does Roof Paint Last?
Roof paint can last for more than 15 years if you have a good surface preparation and use high quality paint. Paint will fade if you neglect the preparation of the surface. The drying time and the environment also have a major impact on how paint performs.
It is important to follow all manufacturer’s instructions regarding temperature, drying time, and preparation for any type of paint job. Shieldcoat Roofbond roof coatings come with a 10-year-to-15-year warranty. Shieldcoat products are covered by a 10-year to 15-year warranty for colour and gloss loss. While DIY roof painters may use a variety of paints, professional painters will only be able to achieve the desired paint finish with specialized coatings.
The roof paint’s performance can be improved by choosing the right product, applying surface preparation and coating application. This will also impact the overall roofing cost.
Top Roof Paint Brands and Products in Auckland
The Roof bond range by Shield coat is highly recommended in Australia. You can rest assured knowing that your products come with a 10- to 15-year warranty. Shield coat is also the first paint company to offer a guarantee against color fade and gloss. Shield coat’s premium quality range includes metal roof paint, roof tile paint, heat reflective paint and undercoats. Nutech and Dulux are two other top-quality paint brands that can enhance and beautify the roof.
The Ultimate Metal Roof Paint
- Roofbond Roof Membrane, a high-quality roof paint that is suitable for all surfaces including metal and tile roofs, is an excellent choice.
- Roofbond RustShield W can be used to prime all metal roof surfaces including Zincalume or Colorbond where rust formation may be a problem.
- Shieldseal Plus is a high-quality water-based primer and sealer that’s ideal for all metal surfaces including colorbond roofs, aluminum-coated, and zinc roofs.
- Roofbond Membrane is a high-quality acrylic roof tile paint that can be used on all surfaces including concrete tiles and fibro cement boards.
- Shieldseal is a clear acrylic polymer coating that acts as a sealer on terracotta tile roofs.
- Shieldseal C401 is the ultimate primer/sealer for cement tile roofs. It prevents calcium salts forming on the surface.
- Shieldcoat fillabond, a pure acrylic sealer, is used to fill hollow or weathered areas in porous concrete tiles.
You now know how to pick the right roof paint. While it might be tempting to DIY paint your roof, it can also give you a feeling of accomplishment and lower costs. However, it is best to hire professional roofing painters in Auckland. You might not be able to get a warranty if you are injured while doing a DIY job.