Commercial buildings use carpet as their main flooring material. Carpet is durable, economical and comfortable. It will not last if it isn’t properly maintained and cleaned. How to maintain commercial carpet flooring so it lasts.
Carpet flooring has one of the greatest advantages: it conceals dirt, even in high traffic areas. However, carpet flooring needs to be cleaned regularly like all other materials. Cleaning and maintenance can not only improve the work environment but also prolong the life of your floor. It is important to have a plan that you can follow, and not just do it when something goes wrong.
Vacuuming is the best, most effective and safest way to clean your floors. This process is also chemical-free. A cheap vacuum vacuum is not a good investment. A vacuum should be equipped with the following features:
- Dual motors – one to loosen soil, the other to collect dirt and particles
- Rotating brush is preferred to loosen soil than beating brushes. This can be dangerous.
- Bags that are filled from the top – so as to not add to the vacuum motor’s load
- To reduce the amount of overfilling or create an even larger mess, replaceable bags
While commercial carpet cleaning systems are helpful, it is important to select a machine with care. The hot water extraction model (also known as steam cleaning) sprays water and a carpet cleaner slowly onto the floor. After vacuuming the carpet, the machine will remove dirt and debris from it and then dump the water. Tip: Do not use too much cleaning solution. Too much product can leave residue that can cause health problems down the line. There are hypo-allergenic and non-toxic cleaning products that can be used by people with allergies or health concerns. Cleaning systems have one drawback: depending on the material, they must be left off for 12-24 hours before drying. Vacuuming alone does not constitute cleaning. Both of these processes should be performed regularly in order to maintain your carpets in top condition.
Neglecting Carpets Can Have Harmful Effects
Carpets, like all things, need to be maintained and cleaned regularly in order to last a long time. Negative substances such as bacteria, germs and dust can build up underneath your carpeting if you don’t vacuum it regularly. It will make cleaning your carpets more difficult if it is allowed to pile up. Carpets that aren’t cleaned regularly can smell and become irritable. Commercial carpets should be given the care they deserve to last.
Regular preventative maintenance is the best way to protect commercial carpet. These are some tips to remember:
- Vacuum frequently and slowly to remove any particles or debris (high-traffic area once per day, moderate-traffic area three times per week).
- To prevent staining, react immediately to spills
- Protective mats should be placed at the entrances of your home to keep liquids and dirt out.
You can keep your commercial carpets clean and last a long time with the right tools and knowledge.